The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Co2 electric solenoid getting hot
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 06-30-2020, 02:17 PM
PlantedRich
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preeths View Post
I use something similar. But its rated for nearly 140 psi.

I have to replace only the solenoid coil. I use an industrial solenoid, the coil is about 2 inches in diameter and runs off the mains. The coil fails after 3-4 years of use. These are locally manufactured and each separate component can be replaced individually. I am quite happy with them lasting 3-4 years. Replacing the coil takes less than 2 minutes and I don't have to dismantle the setup.

Some times "Good Enough" is better that "Perfect" since the price difference is huge, almost 10 times.
We do all have to adapt to what we have in our situation and this may be good advise for this location but it is not good for most of the forum users as it has too many failures to fit what most of us want and it is much better to have reliable equipment that lasts, rather than buying twice.
In my market, I can but a Clippard mouse series that will last longer than I will use it for about $15 . That makes it a much better value than buying and replacing the cheap solenoids. In a well made solenoid, powered by reliable electrical systems, the coil should never fail.
But we do have to work with what we find in our situation.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome