The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Sparkling gourami suddenly struggling
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 04:09 PM
Discusluv
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken.nublet View Post
Thank you Amy. Whatever is affecting my gourami is 100% my fault.

The existing fish have not died, but the sparkling gourami is definitely not well. Fins are clamped and it seems to have difficulty swimming. They managed to eat, which I hope is a good sign.

I also have 4 corydoras habrosus in there but they do not seem to be affected by whatever it is that is that the gourami have.

Did a 50% water change yesterday when the gourami were still behaving normally and another 50% today after I noticed how lethargic they've become. If it's too fast to be a parasite, then probably something bacterial? If it is columnaris then I guess i'll be removing a bunch of dead fish from the tank tomorrow morning :C

Assuming they make it through the night, would General Cure be a good idea or should I try something else?
There really is no active ingredients in General Cure that will be of any consequence here.

The gourami that is ill actually ate?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Amy

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome