The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Is this a baby neocaridina shrimp? Or something else? Planaria maybe?
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2020, 08:41 PM
Shrimpini
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Itís a daphnia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globia10 View Post
I have a blue velvet 10 gallon planted tank. I recently added some monte carlo and since then I've had pest snails and white worms on the glass. I thought they might be planaria, so I dosed Panacur, but they are still there.

Now I am also seeing these bigger (maybe 4 mm) grey/white things swimming around quickly. I assumed they are larger planaria, but I managed to catch one and it has legs and antenna, so now I am not sure. Could it be baby shrimp?
I recently had the same situation. Uggg. Use planeria zero and that will wipe out the planeria and hydra and other non desirables. I hate buying plants for that reason. If you donít bleach them first, you will get hit hikers. The thing in the bowl looks like a daphnia to me. I got one of those too. Freaked me out since it did not move like a shrimp. It is a crustacean so planeria zero will not get rid of that. If you donít like them....I donít....you need to catch them....sigh

Hope this helps.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome