The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - What are you reading now? (aka Book thread)
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2020, 07:16 PM
Bunsen Honeydew
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discusluv View Post
This is the best kind of reading. These longer series give the reader "shades of personality" that you can never get from a single novel. Just like you and I change over a life-time, an author who writes about a character over a long period of time is able to give gradients of personality that make for characters that stay with you long after you set the book down.

You had a lot of self-control to wait for the author to finish writing the series-- I could never do that.
There was lots of down time for reading in the Marines, but less once I got out and went to school, especially grad school. I suppose that I should specify reading for pleasure. Now I read after my kids are in bed and before I sleep. I'm about a year in at this point with another to go.

“Science, my lad, is made up of mistakes, but they are mistakes which it is useful to make, because they lead little by little to the truth.” -Jules Verne

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome