The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Trying to decide on a setup
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
elysio
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Trying to decide on a setup

This is my first time trying out CO2 injection, and I got a new 10 gallon tank that I want to set it up in. So far I'm having a hard to deciding which regulator to go for (and a few other questions too).

Here are a few options that I've found:
1) Amazon has a bunch of regulators that look the same only re-branded (Fzone for example) and are ~$80 CAD, but they all have mixed reviews
2) Milwaukee regulator for ~$130 CAD, seems decent
3) CO2Art regulator for ~$160CAD, I've seen people recommend it multiple places, but also read some of you here have issues with it
4) At one point I also looked at the Fluval 88/95g CO2 kit since I'm running a 10 gallon, but looks like it's got a good number of leaking-related complains (and also I'd need to add an inline solenoid for it)

Any suggestions on the best route to go for?

In terms of in-tank diffusers, what do people recommend? Is there any noticeable difference between different brands of glass diffusers?

Do all the diffusers/other inline components fit standard size tubing or is this something I need to worry about?

For a 10 gallon tank running maybe 8hrs a day, would a 5lb tank be enough for a few months?

Thanks.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome