The Planted Tank Forum banner

White worms on glass

4K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  somewhatshocked 
#1 ·
I have just started my first aquarium and it has now been a month and now all of a sudden I see a huge bloom in these white worms that are attached to my glass. I cant really identify what they are and if they are dangerous or not. If they are dangerous what should I do to fix it. I attached a picture to help. I already have several plants, ramshorn snails and amano shrimp in the aquarium. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
look like common rhabdocoela. Ive found them harmless. reduce feeding they survive on the waste of your tank. There is some parasitic planaria but these have triangle shaped heads and dumb looking "faces". they also get quite big yours look too small

#5 ·
I have the same thing in my mystery snail tank.. I have one baby betta in it, but that's not enough for the amount of worms on my glass. Used my gravel vac and removed 2 gallons of 💩 and debris off the substrate. What the heck are they? This is with my camera zoomed all the way in. They are tiny!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.