The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Fluval Spec V improved flow
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-05-2020, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Jenth
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noworeez View Post
Im subscribed. I just picked up a Fluval Spec V and am currently putting it together. To help out with your agitation, you could look into getting different pump, also, look to see if there are too many holes in your tube that leads from the pump to the outlet nozzle. I picked up a used one and there were about 10 holes that didn't allow for much flow. Anyways, there is give and take with the holes in the tube. Also, taking into consideration the lack of flow throughout the tank when setting up your aquascape may also help.

There are other options like clip on fans (although unsightly) that blow the surface of the water and there is also a spray bars.

https://www.fishlore.com/aquariumfis...umbers.360481/
The holes in the pump tube are a good idea. Especially if you have a heater in the chamber. Certainly too many or too large holes can cause issues. I turned my pump all the way up and water is blasting out. The problem I find with these tanks is not the strength of flow but the design of the output nozzle. It is too narrow and you end up with flow on the top of your tank or bottom depending on how you have it pointed.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome