The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Has anyone tried Landen aquatic soil? Feedback?
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-29-2020, 11:25 PM
Nubster
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhatshocked View Post
It's not that old, @Hojae84. Thanks for sharing your experience.

I've had two separate batches of it (one obtained via Amazon, another from a shop in the DC area) and have found it to be... average. Takes a lot of it to maintain buffering capacity and nutrient content appears to vary drastically from batch to batch. One batch I have grew really nice crypts and bacopa. The other didn't do much at all.

Both of my batches leeched ammonia at varying points. One tank was about 2PPM for a couple weeks and the other was about 4PPM for 7-8 days.

I'd use it again if someone gave it to me but I wouldn't pay for it when there are better, more affordable products readily available.
Such as? I'm looking to order some substrate asap for a new tank and looking for suggestions. I know I can't go wrong with the standard ADA but I'd like to see what some other better priced but similar quality options are out there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome