The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Forum Decorum
Thread: Forum Decorum
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2020, 02:41 AM Thread Starter
Streetwise
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
This is intentionally a reply.

I have been on forums since FidoNet, Usenet, and the beginning of the web.

This is just to say I have seen communities thrive or grow toxic, based on the member posts.

I want to talk about the templates for troll posts. How do you troll? (How do you spot a troll?)

Use at least one straw-man; even better use everyone as a second straw man.

Pose a rhetorical question, ideally in the negative, that implies that one group is not just wrong, but ignorant and complicit, and another group is right and under-fire. Imply that everyone is either in-on-it, or on the other side.

Ideally, your point should not be provable, but you can ask for proof from anyone still trying to be rational with you.

Let me make a ridiculous hobby example:

Why does everyone keep killing fish with Mars rocks, when everyone in low orbit only uses Moon rocks? <fight!>

Style: Organic potting soil, sand, gravel, wood, plants, moss, snails, shrimp, small fish, dual siestas
Tech : Small tanks, Fluval Plant 3.0 Nano, Top Fin MF10, Eheim Skim 350, Tunze 3161, Neptune Apex EL
Tanks:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|

Media:
|

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome