The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Is nothing sacred ?
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2020, 08:32 PM
AquaAurora
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (36/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triport View Post
Lamp-eye Congo tetras

Even the females are super colorful. Which is a good thing because I have ten females and one male.
sounds like he's going to have his fins (hands) full. Haha
btw lovely fish!

On the op subject though bettas definitely don't need any color boost [censor] there re so many colors now and more keep being added to the market.. granted a TON are marble genes bettas which means its not stable and usual blue/red/black dominate other others like yellow/white/'flesh color'/cellophane.
I feel like an old fart but I remember when petsmart first started selling bettas in open cups- no lids-you get red or blue - ct or vt... now there's SO many 'natural' (through selective breeding) options in finnage and colorations. I haven't even worked off my 'bucket list' or bettas yet, and I image I'll add more non gmo betta color options to my "I'd like to own" list in the future.

Bettas have a hard enough time not ending up dead in those store cups with lazy staff that don't do water changes.. or uneducated peoples 'tanks' (less that 0.5g no heater, no filter, no live plants). I fear this will just make it worse. "Oh just stick it in a mason jar with a black light and nothing else! Yeh that'll work just fi.. oh its dead.. well lets buy another!" Really hate how 'disposable' people think fish and especially bettas and goldfish are.

Due to photobuckets new bs cost for use of images on forums I have deleted all photobucket accounts. I apologize if you enjoyed or found my photos helpful.
Starting to update these threads

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
~
~

Last edited by AquaAurora; 02-09-2020 at 08:42 PM. Reason: now with more ranting!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome