The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 120 Gallon African Tetra Aquarium
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
Triport
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Working on the 120. At first I was just going to add a little bit of water, set up the hardscape and then add plants. But I realized I really need to fill the tank to get an idea of how the hardscape is going to work and look fully submerged so I am completely filling it with the 80 gallons I had on hand and am prepping another 40 gallons now. I may set up one of the filters and heater and sit on it for a day or two while I think things over and move things around and take my time. This is generally how I have worked in the past with my outdoor gardens. Place plants and leave them in pots and think about it for a few days and move them around a bit if needed. I don't have a super clear vision of how I want this tank to work. I am not in love with dragon stone and am not sure it goes well with driftwood but at the same time I already had it and was not about to go buy new rocks so it is going to take some time.

I also find setting up filters/heaters/etc. super annoying and my least favorite part of the hobby. I just want the plants and fish to be in the tank so I can enjoy them!

Filling up the 120 gallon aquarium by Kaveh Maguire, on Flickr

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome