The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Two old Osaka cubes getting a makeover
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 01:12 AM Thread Starter
Blue Ridge Reef
snails are your friend

PTrader: (13/100%)
Alright, tomorrow I break tank #1 down and start it over. I didn't get too much done today, since it's onward and upward with the painting project. But to get to one wall, I had a tank to move that had been there a long time.

I got it moved back to the opposite corner and now have my living room getting the way I'd wanted it.

I had a helper who took a nap on the drop cloth for much of this project, even though she has a bed and is allowed on the couch. She has to be nearby at all times.

Here's the front of the tank I'm tearing down tomorrow:

When the light is this near the front glass, lots of scratches are evident. If I move them towards the back the scratches can't be seen but I know they're there. Might try some Barkeeper's Friend on that, but I hadn't planned on totally emptying it -though now would be the time.
Left side:

Right side:

I have a mini bonsai tree in there I was waterlogging and letting block Val growth with. Doubt I'll incorporate that.

All that I know is that all Val is going and lots of the Anubias might get moved out. I'll post more tomorrow as I get started and show better what I have to work with. I have a few new arrivals from @Marylandguppy I'll be incorporating for sure and some fancier crypts on their way. I also need to get off of my rear about testing my CO2 regulators.

Nothing good happens fast in an ecosystem.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome