The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Two old Osaka cubes getting a makeover
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2020, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
Blue Ridge Reef
snails are your friend

PTrader: (13/100%)
One good thing about starting a failing LFS was getting to cherry pick tons of stuff like wood and rocks! When I drain these, I'll pull those pieces of Mopani out and show them with something for scale. Both pretty much go to the top of the 24" tall tanks, so that's a big help in scaping them -before I got those the top 1/3rd of the tank was empty unless I had a tall stem plant. But I've never liked the piece in tank #1 so much. The other one is a stunner, but you can't see it for Java moss and plants at this point. But no matter what you do, making a nice scape on a cube is more difficult than a rectangle. I have many times (over the decade of owning these) thought I was going to do something radically different but tank always looks pretty much the same because the wood only fits in one place! But I'm open to replacing the wood in tank #1, taking a saw to it, whatever. Tank #2 has a splendid piece of Mopani though, I just need to weed things out so it can be seen.

Nothing good happens fast in an ecosystem.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome