The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Jamo's Spec V
Thread: Jamo's Spec V
View Single Post
post #30 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2019, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Jamo33
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Multiple water changes and addition of ammonia proved nothing to me. I am super confused by this tank, it's as if the bacteria work at 90%. Regardless of the amount of ammonia placed in the tank, 90% gets processed.
Anyway. I decided this is this tanks time to shine. Either this works or it doesn't, its fate is in the hands of the bacteria and my medication through chemicals I suppose. So, that being said.
4 blue jelly shrimp added, my blue dream colony spits these out every now and then, so this gives me a good way to separate them from the blue dream/velvet line. Thus far I have not found any dead. Confirmed 3 alive this morning, so I'll assume the 4th is alive and in hiding. I am happy thus far.

Now a question to clarify things.
How long until I can say that these shrimp have survived the transition? Obviously I cannot deem the tank completely safe until it is self sustaining, but I can confirm if the shrimp have transition at least.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome