The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Jamo's Spec V
Thread: Jamo's Spec V
View Single Post
post #27 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 12:24 AM
somewhatshocked
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (497/100%)
I'd do a 100% water change a couple times in a row. Then add a bit of ammonia - like 3-4 drops of ammonia from Ace or 3-4 drops of Dr. Tim's ammonium. Just enough to make things read about 0.5PPM. Then let it sit for a day and see what happens. I'm betting it'll get eaten up.

And if it doesn't get eaten up? Do another 100% water change, test for ammonia to make sure there's none, and add a couple shrimp to see what happens as @gjcarew suggests.

Or maybe get a few fish that could live in the tank for a month or so til you feel safe enough to add shrimp?

I have one tank (that I don't have a journal for) that's been going through the paces with Controsoil for 117 days. Almost there, finally. Meanwhile, all the tanks I set up with Amazonia are ready in 6-7 weeks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
|
|

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome