The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Jamo's Spec V
Thread: Jamo's Spec V
View Single Post
post #25 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Jamo33
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Well. I'm calling it.
There is something wrong with this tank. After 3 months of cycling, I am no closer to having it completed. Something must be wrong with the tank, though I am not sure what.
Though nitrates are registering and I am not adding fertilizers, the tank will not use up ammonia. No matter the amount of ammonium placed in the tank, the tests always register .50ppm.
I used 2ppm two days ago. .50ppm 24 hours later. 1ppm last night, .50ppm tonight.
I am honestly tired of it at this point and I am so sick of getting my hopes us that the cycle has completed and seeing green tests again.
I have tried adding media from cycled tanks, as well as kick starting with stability and safe start. Nothing.

So, I'm done. It will just sit and have plants. Pretty annoyed as this tank was meant to be simple and just house some shrimp to help my population, but now it's just a stupid lamp really.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome