The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Led lighting suggestion for 24" deep tank
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
filipem
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle_Aquarist View Post
Hi @filpem,

No the 3.0's do not get hot, warm yes but I can rest my hand on them without getting burned. Ken's Fish has the Fluval 3.0 48"-60" on sale for $178.58. The reduced price shows up once the item is in the cart.....the product page shows $209.99. Ground shipping is free but sales tax does apply.

Man you are awesome. I was just literally ordering this fixture online here in Canada. I just happened to check the forum and boom I found your post.

I wasn't taxed for some reason and the shipping was free to NY. I use a crossboarder service from there. MUCH cheaper then direct ship. I ended up saving about $70 USD not inc customs charges usually around $10 for something of this value

I just ordered it thanks again I'm looking forward to trying this light out

Bump:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKS View Post
You really need to use brackets they come with or install some 3/4 rubber feet so there is airgap under light. LED in general run cooler than t5 but heat dissipation is not like Fluor fixtures which have venting. If you make your led strip run hot you can expect it to probably ruin your light by over heating it.

Its really not hard to build a light dam or even a box to keep light spill over out of your eyes.

The ends on the fixture actually sit on the black frame and center brace of the aquarium the light fixure does not physically touch the glass the space from the bottom of the fixture to the glass is about 3/8"

I like the idea of feet seems simpler than building a box. 3/4" high should not present a problem in my situation.

Thanks

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome