The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Thoughts on Lowering Tank Temps at Night
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 04:17 PM
minorhero
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by silasvirus82 View Post
There seems to be some disagreement on the topic which is why I reached out to hear any actual experience. The primary benefit mentioned in this article is related to immune system health. I'd love to see some actual research on the topic, but have not found any thus far.

https://www.thesprucepets.com/aquari...rature-1381896

I think species of fish is a big consideration here, and South American species from the Amazon are probably not good candidates. Other fish species from regions with bigger temperature fluctuations might be a different story though.
Heh I wouldn't think too hard on it. The article cites "experts" and nothing else. Meaning they have no actual source for this other then 'that guy sitting next to me when I write the article.'

Seriously unless someone can point out any kind of actual research into this I would gleefully ignore something this generic. I think wild fish tend to be more robust because their diet is better and their breeding is far more diverse then tank raised fish.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome