The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Taiwan Bee: steady temps, or let it fluctuate?
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 12:06 AM
somewhatshocked
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (492/100%)
I'd ditch the heater entirely. All of my tanks thrive when they're in the 60s. They're just okay/do fine in the low 70s - nothing like the cooler temps, though.

Best bet is to set your cooling device to kick on when things hit, say, 73 and don't worry about keeping the tank warm at all. It'll be fine even in the 50s. But if your tank is constantly in the 50s? At that point you'd probably be freezing in whatever room you have the tank in and I'm assuming you'd have some sort of heating to keep yourself warm and that should be more than sufficient.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
|
|

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome