The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Co2 saturation before lights on.
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 02:56 AM Thread Starter
NewtoAquatics
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hmmm... I have my co2 turn on at 4am and natural light begins at 630 for me(my 20g is shaded on the porch and gets sunlight from sunrise) and around 10am that's when I turn on my LED until 530pm. Co2 turns off at 430pm.

My ph at the beginning for the first 3 weeks in August, during the day, would go from 7.8 to 6.6. And then 6.2 at night And back to 6.8 during the day. (2BPS). 3 months now, my ph stays at a constant 6.8 during the day and drops to 6.2 during the night. I have Aquaclear 50 and 20. I only do 5 gallon water change . So I'm guessing the aeration between co2 and o2 is balanced ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidGambit View Post
Agreed. I inject around 8bps in a 21 long tank, which results in a 1.2 pH drop. Even with that injection rate, it takes over an hour to hit 1.0 pH drop and I start injection 2 hours beforehand. This graph is from my tank (about 6 weeks ago), taken using a pH probe and reef-pi. If you don't start beforehand, you're giving plants light and nutrients, without the corresponding CO2 for a significant amount of the photoperiod.

Doesnt it make sense to give plants nutrients , too, along with co2. For example, wouldn't it be better to have low co2 intake: (1 bubble every 2 seconds) to have plants absorb more nutrients to become more lush. I have 4 tabs and I dose comprehensive every 2 weeks now.

Last edited by Darkblade48; 10-23-2019 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Please use the edit function for back to back posts to keep threads cleaner

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome