The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - The Breeding Project: Dark Rams ( Update: + New EBR/GBR Pairs)
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2019, 01:21 PM
Jamo33
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
I have seen these guys before and thought they were the most amazing fish. I didnt read the website you posted, so shame on me if this question is the first thing they covered. Are these, like many other fish in our hobby, a product of excessive inbreeding? Or are they naturally occurring in the wild and just very rare?
I only ask as the susceptibility to water conditions and spawning rates being lower than blues just screams inbreeding. I think we have all seen this in the hobby though, just interested.
Cannot wait to follow along with this amy!

Edit: and I was right...first thing I read was that it is a specifically bred mutation. Ughhh read first James you fool!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome