The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - planning to convert to planted. Should I go all in at once or a little at a time?
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 03:58 AM Thread Starter
sittinglynx
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
@Blue Ridge Reef 1st off thank you for the offer, that's very very nice of you. I did place half the Bacopa and Ludwigia in the back corners to cover the filter apparatus, heater, etc.. However I did place some in mid-range and around the ornaments. My thought process was to let every thing grow high & take root, except around the sword as not to block it from getting light. Once the plants start reaching surface, trim the middle stem plants down to maybe 8 inches and the few in front down to 6 inches. I'm working with a 55 gallon tank, so some height in the middle and from will be OK. From what I understand, these plants get their nutrients more from their leaves as much or more than their roots, so maybe keeping these guys trimmed down isn't such a good idea? If that's the case, I only bought two bunches each, (I got Lemon Bacopa instead of Caroliniana), so I can just move them into the four corners and mix them into the background with the jungle vals and maybe move my Dwarf Lilies into the mid ground and labor to keep them trimmed low. These, of course are the thoughts of a novice, but I'm having fun and learning, lol!

"The Sea, the great unifier, is man's only hope. Now, as never before, the old phrase has literal meaning: We are all in the same boat" -Jacques Yves Cousteau

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome