The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - planning to convert to planted. Should I go all in at once or a little at a time?
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
sittinglynx
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Thank you @tamsin for explaining the difference between Macro and Micro/Trace fertilizers. I have viewed a little on this between the difference of API & Seachem Flourish Root Tabs. With your comments, now what I watched makes sense.

Looks like what I'd like to have on hand for a mix of micro & macro ferts is Flourish Root tabs for the Swords and Dwarf Lilies. I imagine you place one a few inches away from the roots/bulb of each plant. As for the liquid, maybe start with Seachem Flourish Trace (I'm guessing weekly dosing), and maybe after a month or two some Aquarium Co-Op Easy Green for a monthly substitute for the liquid trace for a macro fertilizer dose.

I'm reaching out to "That Fish Place" hoping a few hour drive can save me on shipping, otherwise I'm looking at "Planted Aquariums Central" as my shipped source. If anyone can suggest an east coast (US) supplier that does an awesome job, it may save me good money on shipping. Thanks again for everyone who took time to give me a pointer or two.

"The Sea, the great unifier, is man's only hope. Now, as never before, the old phrase has literal meaning: We are all in the same boat" -Jacques Yves Cousteau

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome