The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - planning to convert to planted. Should I go all in at once or a little at a time?
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 01:18 PM
tamsin
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Not sure where you got the phosphate idea from, but it's not something most planted tank owners pay any attention too.

I'd recommend some root tabs as you are using plain gravel and a couple of the plants you list are heavy root feeders e.g. the swords/lily. Root tabs also give you a good backup if you forget to dose.

You could start with trace/micro ferts only for your liquid if you wanted - that's everything accept NPK (Nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium) a.k.a the macros. You may find your tank produces enough of those itself if its heavily stocked, but with good plant growth often you have to add extra so you might need to swap to an all in one that contains everything. I wouldn't play about with individual bottles for different nutrients for your first go - just get a mixed one.

I would just go for it, buy the lot, plant it and we can help you tweak if you have issues. You've chosen a good selection of plant that are pretty hardy and should work well.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome