The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Some advise of water column fertilizer and whether I need it or not?
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 07:00 AM Thread Starter
PlantedManFromSA
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hi Ddrizzle, I'm gonna browse the net today and see where I can get the premixed ferts. I did see a couple last night on the Web. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddrizzle View Post
There are people who sell premixed packs of fertilizers too. Mich easier than mixing your own and not as expensive as the main brands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagulator View Post
You don;t need CO2 for EI... you can try the EI "light" version...

Or a modified EI targeting 10ppm of NO3 and 10ppm of K weekly, 3 - 5 ppm PO4 weekly and then two or three doses of CSM+B or another micro fertilizer targeting 0.15ppm Fe. Large 50%+ water changes weekly...

Or go with the PPS-pro method..
Are you guys familiar with this product ?

"Aquaforest" I see they sell a premixed Micro and Macro ferts and I can get it S.A for a good price.

Some info on the AF Micro:
HOW TO USE:

8 drops per day or 4 ml AF Micro per 100l of water once a week. Recommended parallel use with AF Macro, AF Carbon Boost or AF PO4 Boost and AF N Boost. Parallel supplementation with other micronutrient formulas should not be carried out due to the risk of plant overexposure. Absorbents such as zeolite and/or carbon may reduce effectiveness of the formula.

1 ml in 10 l of aquarium water will raise levels:

Mo Molybdenum 0,0012 mg/l (ppm)
Ni Nickel 0,00021 mg/l (ppm)
Mn Manganese 0,25 mg/l (ppm)
Co Cobalt 0,0003 mg/l (ppm)
Fe Iron 0,38 mg/l (ppm)
Zn Zinc 0,037 mg/l (ppm)
Mg Magnesium 1,2 mg/l (ppm)
Ca Calcium 0,45 mg/l (ppm)
K Potassium 8,16 mg/l (ppm)
B Boron 0,021 mg/l (ppm)
Sr Strontium 0,02 mg/l (ppm)
Br Bromine 0,004 mg/l (ppm)
Ti Titanium 0,00345 mg/l (ppm)
Cu Copper 0,005 mg/l (ppm)

Info on AF Macro:
HOW TO USE:

5 ml AF Macro per 100 l of water two times a week. Recommended parallel use with AF Micro and AF Carbon Boost. Parallel supplementation with other formulas containing macronutrients should not be carried out due to the risk of plant overexposure and algae bloom. Absorbents such as zeolite and/or carbon may reduce effectiveness of the formula. In case of a higher demand for any of macronutrients, AF N Boost, AF PO4, and AF K Boost may be additionally applied.

1 ml in 10 l of aquarium water will raise levels:

N Nitrogen 7,0 mg/l (ppm)
P Phosphorus 0,3 mg/l (ppm)
K Potassium 7,00 mg/l (ppm)
Mg Magnesium 0,9 mg/l (ppm)
Ca Calcium 0,2 mg/l (ppm)

Maybe I should get this along with the AF Carbon Boost as I dont have Co2 in the aquarium.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" - Albert Einstein

Last edited by Darkblade48; 07-26-2019 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Please use the edit function for back to back posts to keep threads cleaner

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome