The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - What to do about mystery fish in invert only tank?
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 08:46 PM
PlantedRich
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
When I have a potential problem but I don't know how that problem may move, I wait!
So a summary might be that there is something that you like but you can only guess at this point, which certainly means "it" is not up to eating the fellow tank mates!
My plan would be to starting making a plan, so congrats on that point! But my plan would be to wait and see how I feel as "it" becomes more obvious that something needs to be changed. Maybe getting some tank space cleared for "it" to live? Maybe there is not room in your life for that, so a plan to swap "it" would be better?
If there is only room for a single fish, even a schooling fish, that doesn't change my plan much as I rarely see fish grow up to be so neurotic that they are a danger to me and my family, so they have to live solo.
And as a further reason to defer and not worry the issue too much is that tiny fish have a way of suddenly being gone and then the problem is not a problem?
Perhaps the best plan is to check with "it" in a few months and see what it does want to do! Meanwhile it takes very little to help "it" along if you dust a bit of crushed food now and then. Most baby fish in nature have to do the best they can finding what they can, so adding some can be very helpful if not overdone.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome