The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Has anyone actually seen ottos school? Even stay together?
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 10:54 PM
Discusluv
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
In the mornings I will find mine zipping up and down the glass walls together in my 60 gallon. Something about the morning brings them together in this tank. During the day will disperse, come together in pairs, separate, repeat...

In my 30 they tend to stay next to the air- stone and go up and down in the bubble-stream together. Then disperse here and there and come back to the bubbler. They get into the base of the air-bubbler and let the current take them up to the water line and then go back down again. Its comical.

I had a group of 20 in my 180 gallon when I first set it up and they would go up and down the tank sides together. They certainly will congregate together if given a chance, but a "schooling or shoaling" fish doesn't really adequately describe their behavior in the aquarium. But, this behavior is probably much different in their native waters.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome