The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - So many choices...
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 03:26 AM Thread Starter
Blackheart
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
So many choices...

I am currently in the market for a new tank. I have had a 58 gallon setup for almost three years now. I just have a burning desire to setup something different. I have two different tank stands... a 36x18 stand and a 48x13 stand. I used to have a 55 gallon way back and I loved it. Was amazing to see a large school of fish swimming back and forth in a 4 foot long tank. 36x18 tanks are good space savers though.

Here are the options for tanks I was thinking of getting.
33 Long
40 Long
55 gallon
40 breeder
65 gallon

Depending on the tank, I may or may not be going full out planted. I have never done a 65 gallon before and since it's so tall, I might just do a few low light plants here and there. A LFS by me has a Marineland 65 for 136 dollars. A good price.

Currently, Pet Supplies Plus has the Aqueon 40B/55 gallon tanks for half off so that would be a steal of a deal. But I think if I was going to go smaller, I would prefer a longer tank that is shorter, but they are more of a special order and more expensive (90 for a 33 long and 140 for a 40 long) than the current 55 gallon tanks I could get now. I know a lot of people would pick a 40 breeder, but I'm geared more towards a longer tank and I don't really care about depth.

What do you guys think? What would you pick? These are my only options. I cannot get a tank larger than the sizes opted for here per room issues and budget issues.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome