The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Green Acres, 80 gal high tech
View Single Post
post #279 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
Phil Edwards
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
5.15.19-

Initial planting is DONE! @vvDO sent a very generous portion of Blyxia japonica with some stems of H. siamensis (?) with AMAZING roots, and a Cryptocoryne ihavenoideawhatitis. There is officially no more room in the inn. Now the process of waiting, seeing what lives, growing them out, and eventual aquascaping begins. I can already tell that the species count is going to get thinned out quite a bit. Time to prepare to set up some outdoor tubs and a new tank.

Junky FTS for giggles. It got a lot dustier in there than I thought from just planting a small amount of stuff. It's going to get a righteous vacuuming when it's time to pull everything and replant. Ooof! Better pictures will come when things clear up.

Full size 00 Osmocote+ gelcap.

I'm really interested to see if a ring of oxidized iron forms. The last time I used Aquasoil there was a distinct band of it about 2 inches from the substrate surface. The protein from the gelcap should spur some strong microbial growth too so there might be some really interesting stuff to see as time goes by.

That's all for now folks!

I've never regretted over engineering a system, but often regretted under engineering one.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome