The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Crystal clear water
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
mariusc

PTrader: (0/0%)
@Phil Edwards I don't want to use Purigen because I would like to have my water a little bit brown from the almond leaves and the Purigen will filter the tannin that makes it like that.

@PlantedRich and @mrjbacon Personally I can't believe that 6 little corries cant be handled by that Fluval 406. I am suspecting that the filter might have a bypass.
Another reason that this might not work as expected is that corner box from the Juwel that breaks the flow of the water in a way that the filter doesn't pick up all the particles.

Anyway today I bought an Oase BioMaster 600 which I will set up this week-end (hopefully my 4kg of BioHome Ultimate media will arrive by then) as an addition to the Fluval 406 and see how things are going.
I will keep the 45ppi foams from the prefilter( which I intend to clean every 2 weeks or maybe monthly ) and I will fill the bottom tray will JBL Symec Filterwool and the other 4.5 trays with biological filtration.

They say that there is not such thing as overfiltration in aquariums ? I might hit that level .

Later on I will add more fish ( which some of them will be corries) but first I want to make sure I can handle the filtration properly with clear water, tinted a little bit by some almond leaves.

I have also added at the end of the original post a short video with the particles.

Last edited by Darkblade48; 05-16-2019 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Please use the edit function for back to back posts to keep threads cleaner

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome