The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - difference between pleco & algae wafers?
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Cinnamonamon
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by livebearerlove View Post
Didnt your mother tell you to eat your veggies?
I chop off a 'slice' about 1/4 inch thick. Boil it, place in freezer to cool down. Attache to a paper clip. Remove after an hour or so...
The green beans sounds interesting- Ill try that and see if they 'bite'! haha! I just dont keep canned or packages anything in the house (except for our emergency kit) as I have systemic mastocytosis- the additives/cooking/fermentation causes problems for me.

The rest of the zucchini I keep in the fridge- should keep for over a week. But yes, YOU should eat your veggies! zucchini provides potassium, magnesium, vitamins B6, riboflavin, folate, C, K, calcium and manganese. Put it in a stir fry or slice and dip it in dressing for a snack (ok... off my soap box).
LOL I am a happy veggie eater -- just not zucchini (unless it's cooked for me...then I use my manners and put up with it, LOL). I love spinach, squash, sprouts, broccoli, peppers, beans of all sorts, carrots, peas, etc. etc.

Canned veggies are a regular in our house mostly because that is what my husband and I grew up with, and they are super convenient. I am trying to wean us onto frozen veggies though (when we aren't on our game enough to prepare fresh...which is pretty common, sadly). We have 3 boys and are in those super busy middle/high school years. I had dinner at 9pm last night, lol.

Soapbox it up, though -- I had to yell at my husband last month and tell him that I would never apologize for insisting that their be a vegetable on the table at dinner. He thinks a chunk of meat, and maybe some potatoes are more than sufficient, lol. Also, I tell them all that potatoes are more starch than vegetable, so they don't count (shhhh, don't tell).

It's not a mystery...snails are the BEST!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome