The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Where do you guys buy clay?
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 06:04 PM
cl3537
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryland Guppy View Post
In a low KH environment an inert substrate is adequate with water column dosing only.
I've got kh=4 - 5. Gh=8

What are the problems in moderate or harder water?
I wondered about lowering kH with Acetic Acid(vinegar) seems much safer/easier than HCL.

So far was going to use some coarse cosmetic gravel (really easy to vac and low maintenance).
Not sure if Blyxa Japonica grow okay in it or no. I think S. Repens and other plants like it should be fine.
But if I chose Rotalas or other delicate stems in the future not sure if they would be okay with gravel.

The scape is mostly going to be Crypts, Ferns, Buces, Anubias, Mosses, Fissidens etc. mostly attached to hardscape.

Might want to add some finer sand for more delicate stems at the back. What mesh of BDBS do I want(20/40)?

I'd have to go to the states to get BDBS or pay a rediculous price to ship Black Beauty here in Quebec, Canada, I might do it but its a pain even shipping from Ontario gets expensive.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by cl3537; 05-11-2019 at 06:43 PM. Reason: ...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome