The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Help! New here but not new to aquariums
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
AdamNC
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
It's cleared up nicely now and getting more clear by the day. I decided to use Seachem Clarity and added filter floss changed everyday for a few days in both my AC30 and AC70. I'm now down to just using the AC30. Still using a Maxspect R420R 16k until I get around to getting a Fluval 3.0 from using it previously to grow corals. It will definitely hit the par needed but how can I tell if it's a passable spectrum for my plants. I have it set at Ch1 90 Ch2 60, looks like a white spectrum but with a hint of blue in it.

Edit on the lighting. Just took my PMK from my reef tank and wow I was pushing 200+ par at the substrate. I readjusted my lighting to ~75par at the substrate. Does this seem ok for sword type plants? I have Echinodorus bleheri in the back left at about 50par, Anubias barteri var nana and Echinodorus parviflorus on either side of the dragon bubbler in about 75par.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	29 planted.jpeg
Views:	6
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	880997  

Last edited by Darkblade48; 04-26-2019 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Please use the edit function for back to back posts to keep threads cleaner

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome