The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 10 gallon first nano build!
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
varanidguy
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
So for todayís progress, the paintball co2 tank was repaired with a new valve. I called the shop and they said theyíll reuse valves if theyíre not leaking when they refurbish the tanks, and after explaining what happened, she installed a new valve for free. Canít hook it up until tomorrow, though, because they use blue locktite and it needs to cure, fair enough.

So I added some tank water to a small bucket and squeezed out the sponge filter in the established quarantine tank thatís currently housing the shrimp. Gave that filter a good cleaning and poured the muck into the nano tank, creating a beautiful tank of brown water. Then I added about 2.5ml of clear ammonia which should have been in the ballpark of 3-4 ppm.

Interesting thing is I tested ammonia at 0.25 ppm before doing that, added the muck and ammonia, waited 10 minutes, then tested again...0 ppm ammonia? No way it can work that fast...

Gonna give it until tomorrow and retest and dose ammonia appropriately then test again. If it still shows 0 Iíll dose a second 2.5ml to see if that gives a reading. If not, it may be time for a new test kit.

Hereís a picture of the nasty tank. A couple MTS probably made it into the tank as well, so it has its first inhabitants. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome