The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 10 gallon first nano build!
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
varanidguy
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
10 gallon first nano build!

Paintball shop is closed today, so I couldnít get it fixed or replaced. Bummer, but I donít have plants yet so itís not that huge of a deal. The tank is still hissing today from the stem, so 24 oz of co2 is a lot more than I thought it would be. Either that or it was really overfilled and thatís what caused this issue.

Lid arrived today. Itís the one manufactured by UNS for their 45U/45S tanks, same dimensions.

It fits perfectly! I was worried something would be a bit funky because itís for a different brand of tank, but nope! Fits like they were made for each other. I might get different plastic clips down the road for cosmetic/OCD reasons but itís not something Iím bothered by right now, so it isnít a priority.

Being that the tank is for neocaridina, I didnít want the soil to soak up all of the KH, so I added a tablespoon of baking soda. Brought the dKH to about 23 degrees! Hahaha. In 24 hours, the KH was down to about 17.5 degrees, so I gave it an additional 24 hours and it remained the same. So I did two 100% water changes last night as a hard reset. Tested dKH and pH after the water changes and they were 4.5 degrees and 7.4 respectively.

The odd thing is today, 24 hours later, the dKH is still 4.5 but the pH is 6.8. Is it possible the soil can still alter the pH without buffering out the KH?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome