The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - DIY CO2 help please...
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
SFGiantsGuy

PTrader: (0/0%)
DIY CO2 help please...

So...my bottle A, (citric acid mix) is super, SUPER tough to squeeze, (almost impossible to squeeze!!!) and will not prime to the gauge’s “green zone”, as the gauge is not even reading at “1”; it's possible that bottle B (baking soda mix) back siphoned into bottle A. Also, is bottle B’s tubing supposed to be submerged into its liquid solution...or not submerged into the solution? And, if I have to open up bottle B (baking soda solution) I do not know just which part to open up to service it without exploding, because I really really don’t feel like waking anyone in the neighborhood with any super loud booms! And the gauge was fine at first, since it’s brand new, and arrived only hours ago. I think the problem is, that bottle B’s tubing is actually SUBMERGED within the liquid, when I think the tube is just too long and is NOT supposed to be submerged, and is only supposed to transfer the CO2 gas and not be submerged into the liquid solution. Basically, I wanna somehow safely open bottle B up, to cut the tubing shorter...but without any explosions or anything.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	61F64686-DC2D-47B9-AF16-7D25AA745FE3_1555542835827.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	880651  

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome