The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - When to know if you are over-thinking fertilization
View Single Post
post #97 of (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 12:00 AM
Immortal1
Captain

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggz View Post
Now I am well aware that this all might seem like an example of spending too much time on fert dosing. I look at it another way. I was dosing very, very rich levels for quite a long time, and was reasonably successful (by my standards!). One thing that has never changed is taking light, CO2, and maintenance seriously. IME, get those right and you have a lot more leeway to monkey around with fert dosing.

Interesting that you mention this...
So, for the last few weeks I have been lowering the KNO3 dosing in my 75g and, to a lesser degree, the wifes 40g tank. For this week I was dosing 17ppm KNO3 total, down just a little bit from the 30+ that I used to dose. So, just for grins I test the NO3 level in her tank and my tank tonite - to my surprise both test tubes were still pretty red. Not dark red, but red enough. Decidec to test the tap water as well - get a light orange. So, the API test solution must be working to some degree.

Looks like I will be headed even lower over the next few weeks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome