The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Cory fry ok in a shrimp tank?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 03:26 AM Thread Starter
frogmanjared
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)
Question Cory fry ok in a shrimp tank?

I recently upgraded my 10 to a 29 gallon. I'm getting Corydoras sterbai sometime soonish and was planning on attempting to breed/raise some fry in the old 10. My question is, could I set it up as a planted shrimp tank and use it grow out the Cory fry? Since I have it up and running I might as well keep something in it full time eh? The placement of the tank can get to around 85 during the summer upstairs. Anything compatible with that?

I've had RCS with great success in a 6 gallon, but I think I want to try some other of the easier shrimps. I have the old equipment, and plan to put a sponge pre-filter on the hob. With cories, I was going to do a layer of sand (same type as my 29) Get some subwassertang bushes going and have either frogbit or salvinia minima, or both as floaters. Whatever cuttings from my 29 could fill the rest of the tank, but I'd keep a fairly large open area for viewing so I could keep track of the number of fry and shrimp during feedings.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome