Waterbox 230.6 Blackwater build
I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a new Waterbox 230.6 from Marine Depot. I spoke to Waterbox customer service and was told that it should ship out tomorrow, so hopefully I will be able to start working on getting it setup.
The plan is to make this a Blackwater Amazon tank. I will likely not be doing a true biotope, but I think it will be close. Here is a list of the items I have already purchased and my planned stocking list.
- Waterbox 230.6
- Jebao DCP 13000 return pump
- American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
- 400GPD light commercial RO system with dual DI canisters (used for my Reef system)
- 3 large pieces of Manzanita
- 500 IAL/Catappa leaves
- 150 Alder cones
- Several boxes of peat
- small pump and tubing for ATO (no controller yet)
- 100lbs of Pool filter sand
Gear: (still need to purchase)
- Heaters and temp controllers
- Lights (considering AI Hydra 26HD, turned WAY down, so i can use them for a reef later if I decide)
- ATO controller
- Small school of Discus (6 or 7)
- Shoal of hatchetfish (15-20)
- Shoal of Cardinal tetras (15-20)
- Shoal of Rummynose tetras (15-20)
- Several Cory Cats
- A couple of plecos (maybe gold nugget or rio negro)
- floating plants of some sort
I would also LOVE to add some rams, but I am not sure whether they would work well with the Discus. As this is my first venture into blackwater, please let me know if there is anything that I have left out or should take into consideration. I welcome your comments and suggestions.
I will start posting pics as soon as the tank is delivered so stay tuned.