The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - My First Planted Nano Betta Tank
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 02:25 AM Thread Starter
vietfella
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryvan View Post
I am a newcomer to Nano Betta Tank, thank you for sharing. I just invested in a desktop aquarium after reading a lot of articles about betta care.

This aquarium is very popular among Betta fish owners. I bought a heater and a thermometer so I can make sure the water is warm enough for my Betta fish. (The ideal temperature is 75-81 degrees Fahrenheit).

The only problem I use with this kit is the filter. It blows my male Betta in every direction. It frustrated my Betta fish and I was worried that he would be hurt by the intake. If you have Betta fish (especially male Betta, usually not very strong swimmers), you definitely need a pre-filtered sponge. The pre-filter sponge is installed on the outside of the water inlet.
I have prefilter sponges on my HOB filter and water pump, which have reduced my water flow. I tried putting a DIY sponge filter at the outlet but it eventually falls off show I just removed it completely.

Since I added floating plants my male betta likes to hangout in the roots, or he seems to hang out near the bottom with the corys.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome