The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - What makes one give up the fish keeping hobby?
View Single Post
post #104 of (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 03:03 PM
AbbeysDad
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
There's a lot of 'reasons' people give up the hobby. There's a learning curve and the avg Joe just sets up a tank w/o paying the dues. How many times do we see the 'I want a low/no maintenance tank'. Well, there is no such thing. Fish need to be fed every day. Filters need cleaning, water needs changing. Life steals people away and the fish suffer. Where's the SPCA?! (If they were mammals, there'd be arrests and fines). Most fish are relatively inexpensive...although I recently heard of a Koi that sold for $1.5m (who pays that kind of money for a 10 year old carp?!?!). Tropical fish could live 10-15 years, but most don't.
------
In any case, I suppose it's like a lot of hobbies....some come and go, others come and stay, some are real casual, others are real serious. I'm thinking most reading this on this and other fish related boards are fairly serious....at least for now.

Tank On, Mike-
60g Marineland Community, Finnex Planted+ 24/7, Silica (pool filter) sand.
10g, 29g, & 37g fry grow out tanks, 110g stock tank.

What came first, the chicken or the egg. It was the egg, but not the egg of a chicken.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome