The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - What makes one give up the fish keeping hobby?
View Single Post
post #102 of (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 08:47 AM
gjcarew
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Holy smokes, I've felt like giving up on it many times. I've killed 4 nano fish because I forgot to attach my prefilter, had to completely start over due to terminal algae problems... If there's a mistake to make, I've probably made it. At the end of the day, there is something just magical for me about having this little slice of nature in my city apartment. I love seeing the plants and livestock thrive, and with every mistake I keep in mind that that is one more mistake I'll never make in the future.

My other hobby is Brazilian Jiu jitsu, I'm a brown belt at the moment. I've competed in all the major tournaments, trained full time, and absolutely thrashed my body. I've inevitably faced injury, defeat, and all manner of things that could have made me quit. But I always go in, maybe even if I'm telling myself it is for one last time, and just enjoy what I'm doing. Remind myself of how good it feels and how far I've come. So far, I haven't quit.

I think it's the same thing with aquariums. There are so many potential disasters, but when I'm just watching the plants pearl or my Corydoras (my favorite!) root around, it's a simple pleasure. I've had to break down my tank due to moving apartments, but I can't wait to make some more mistakes [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome