The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 125G Planted Bow Tank
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 03:43 AM Thread Starter
Gillionaire
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStark View Post
How long have you had the Fluval 3.0?? How did you set them up? I am working on setting up my 110G (72x20x18) and was thinking 2x fluval would be the way to go - I like the control, and is it easy to setup 2 lights to be identical?
I purchased these lights when I initially purchased the tank which was about 5 months ago. IMO, they are a night and day difference when compared to the 2.0 when it comes to functionality. The 2.0 operated via wifi and was a nightmare as the lights would constantly deviate from the programmed schedule. Nothing worse than having the lights come on at 100% during the middle of the night (my tanks are in my bedroom).

I have one 36" for each half of the tank and have them on for an 8 hour photo period. It's very easy to set each fixture to be on the same schedule. You first need to save a profile (sunrise/sunset & light intensity) and you can then export the identical settings to any other fixture. See screenshots below. Please don't make fun of my lazy naming conventions.

My only complaint is whenever power is disconnected from the fixtures you have to open the app on your phone for the fixtures to return to their programmed schedules. Obviously, since they operate via Bluetooth you will need to be within Bluetooth range in order for them to return to schedule. My fear is that the power will go out whenever I'm out of town and I will return to a nightmare. I don't think there is a fix for this as it would require the programming to be stored in the fixtures themselves.

Other than the above, I would recommend them as they are very easy to use and seem to provide plenty of light to grow plants (have not measured PAR at substrate).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Save As.png
Views:	18
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	878411  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Saves.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	878413  

Last edited by Gillionaire; 03-18-2019 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Typo