The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 65 gallon Iwagumi style Paludarium for vampire crabs.
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
thedudeabides
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Ok quick update. I have had a little bit of free time over the holidays and finished some other nagging projects and had a few minutes to work on this one.

So the idea for this scape is to incorporate concepts of Iwagumi and apply it to a paludarium. Basically I will use the main stones in the iwagumi to divide the land and water portions. Here are the three stones I am using for this build:

Oyaishi:

Fukuishi:

Soeishi:

I started messing around with them and how to stabilize them, I set them on some spare matten filter I have to add height and used it to stabilize as well. I am thinking I wont go that route since in areas where the matten is doubled up there is 4" of material and this would take up a lot of substrate to cover up. Any way here are some arrangements I came up with that I liked (sorry for the dirty glass)

Need to play around more to see how I want to arrange and stabilize these rocks. Any suggestions I am all ears.

Well that's just like.........your opinion man.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome