The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 10 years of stumbling ..
View Single Post
post #102 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
ipkiss
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Happy New Year, Folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ09 View Post
It looks great! I've always thought seeing the tank in b&w is cool- makes you view everything different. I've taken a few shots like that myself on my old tank. Cheers to a new year!
Thanks! Would it disappoint you, then, if I revealed that it was mere google photo editing? I actually just borrowed that idea from burr to label the plants. I can hear my old school self muttering at me now. Punks these days, all about the technology. Taking away the magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Quinn View Post
That "Pro Tips" post by Greggz is amazing. Should be a sticky. Thank you for providing the link.

However, please, please continue your philosophical rantings in this journal as they are highly entertaining and educational.

Cheers,
TMQ
Will try to oblige!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggz View Post
I like the way the reds are filling in.

That R. Colorata is a good looking plant.

If my tank could talk, it would say.............. "Oh No here comes those scissors again"!
Hah, I do find myself breaking out those scissors more these days. The monte carlo needs a good razing often. The frogbit probably screams more as they get purged. To think, too, that R. colorata was an afterthought during my last purchase.. a filler. to get free shipping! Just goes to show, you never know what plant ends up working for ya and just gotta go with the flow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Soprano View Post
Your tank is gorgeous! The way the reds and pinks pop amongst all the green is stunning. Work of art!
Thanks! As I still suck at scaping, I'd love to say it was intentional, but, I guess more frequent trimming and general hard work has gotten some results!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Keating1 View Post
@ipkiss: Your journal is one that I really enjoy reading, I like your writing style, the humor, and the honesty. It's fun to go through you journal, it's a different approach than the more technical journals. And I love the thread name, it really defines our hobby and the things we have to go through.

Your tank has come along way from 2007, and it looks great now. You need to change your journal name to "10 Years of Stumbling But Not Anymore!"
Glad to have fans of the writing. I only do it because I lack the skill, tenacity, and tools to go full on technical ! Yeah, the tank is decent now all thanks to the fine community here, But, Oh Ken, to get cocky with that name change would be to court death -- by algae!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome