The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 10 years of stumbling ..
View Single Post
post #96 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
ipkiss
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
2018-12c

Dear Journal,

This will seemingly be the last update of 2018. As I sit here and reminisce, I can say that overall, it's been a good year. My housemate seemed to have paid more attention to me this year. He has been the most active he's ever been talking about me on this journal this year. His lazy self finally put in those stainless steel pipes that he talked so much about around the end of last year. Did I mention it was a whole year later almost? This was also the year that I was lucky enough to have some of you members (@Seattle_Aquarist, @Phil Edwards) point out I lacked calcium so thanks are in order! Along with the rest of you visitors @Greggz @JJ09 @sdwindansea, to name a few, thanks for occasionally looking in. No doubt you have kept this guy going whenever he starts getting lazy and ignoring me.

I don't know if I shared his obsession for adding red plants, but it seemed like he managed to achieve it on some level. It took the entire wipeout of the red ludwigia and an entire species change to rotala colarata though--with a splash of AR variegated. OH, don't get me started on how he sort of brought that upon himself anyway by running out of micro fertilizers. Good thing again, we're on this forum and there's this obsessed guy named @burr740 who supplied us with some custom micros full of juicy iron. Man, are those things great or what? Looks like he's got some sort of handle on a little bit of higher light too. I'm sure that has helped with this red tunnel vision.

To you guys old and new who find me inspiring.. Wow, what kudos and thanks. I hope that sort of praise doesn't get to my housemate's head and then he'll start thinking he's something and get lax on his upkeep again!

Here's to a decent year and many hopes for a great new one with good health and happy discoveries!

Here's the closing plant list:

1 - Big FAT Frogbit
2 - Vallisneria
3 - Java Fern 'Windelov'
4 - Loebelia Cardinalis
5 - Hydrocotyle 'Japan'
6 - Mystery Moss(es) maybe anchor
7 - Microsword
8 - (One!) Crypt Flamingo
9 - Monte Carlo carpet
10 - Dwarf Hairgrass
11 - Crypt Wendtii Red
12 - Alternanthera Reineckii 'Variegated'
13 - Rotala Colorata
14 - Rotala Ramosior 'Florida'
15 - Rotala Macrandra Type IV Mini
16 - Mermaid weed - US Type?

-- I'm only a box of water and stuff ... I don't get the hype ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ipkiss; 01-01-2019 at 01:30 PM. Reason: punctuation and forgot mermaid weed in plant list

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome