The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - What makes one give up the fish keeping hobby?
View Single Post
post #98 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 03:09 AM
Fisherking
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
I 've had some sort of tank for 50 years. There have been some breaks, most recently when we moved across country and I only had room to take my 6 gallon.

Now, despite running two demanding businesses (plus a disabled 12 yr old) with just my husband and me, I've been slowly setting up tanks again. First a 75 g Jikin tank, then the 6g Betta tank. I know I only have the bandwidth for one more tank and am going slowly because of money and time.

One great change in the hobby is the internet! I can so easily find everything I need from information to equipment to exotic snails, all I have to do is hit "Buy It Now" and it appears on the doorstep. That is simply epic to me, and helps keep me in the hobby. Otherwise, we live too remotely and the nearest LFS is several day's drive away.

But there it is, a little stream of fish running through my life all the time, ebbing and flowing but always present somehow.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome