The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Ultum Nature Systems 90P Journal
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
ange062
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
This pretty much catches up to current day. The challenges on this tank were only quickly summarized here but in reality it was a long, drawn out, and frustrating process. I nearly gave up and just started over with a totally different concept on multiple occasions. At this point, I am just looking forward to growth and shaping the plants better as they grow. The epiphytes rooting.over driftwood and rock is already adding a rustic and aged appearance and I think in 6-9mo it's going to look really amazing.

If you are familiar with my 60U tank journal, you'll know that I also have Ultum 5N and 3N tanks that have been through a few iterations. These two also made it into the new house opposite the large tanks. They dont get much attention as I spend most of my free time working on the large tanks so I'm pretty much just keeping them simple and clean.

5N:

3N:

The big tanks during a full moon cycle:

And both tanks with lights on. For information, I run my lights for 6-hrs from 6p-12a with a 1-hr sunrise / sunset. This allows me to actually enjoy viewing them while I am at home.

And the latest FTS from mig-August:

I will continue to update moving forwards!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

30g Reef
Fluval Spec V Planted
UNS 3N Wabi Kusa
UNS 5N Planted
UNS 60U Planted

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome