The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Is this fixable? Leak in Fluval Spec filter compartment
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
The Raging Chihuahua
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Is this fixable? Leak in Fluval Spec filter compartment

Hi,

Like the title says, I got a leak, and of course, it’s near the bottom of the tank to complicate things. It’s located in the filter compartment of my Fluval Spec 5 gallons, where I can barely fit my hands in. In fact, I’m not even sure I can reach the bottom with my hands. Is this fixable? Has someone encountered the same issue before? Can I fix it from the outside? Should I just buy a new tank and throw this one out in the garbage? This tank will be 4 years old in November. I though it was not that old...

It’s my only tank, don’t have any other place to put my shrimps. Anxiety is kicking in and I can’t think straight as to what to do. The only thing I know is that I have to do something right now, but what?? Fix it or buy a new tank? Will a new tank shock my shrimps? Can I dig out all my crypts safely and move old substrate (Fluval plant) to a new tank? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Help me please

Edit: Pictures

Happy mother of 4 Chihuahuas and a Pittie. Biggest challenge is to keep shrimpies happy, the dogs are easy!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome