The Planted Tank Forum banner

Interesting aquarium stand

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Remmy 
#1 ·
Since there are a few DIY stand threads and I have been considering one myself this came up..

Pretty out of the box and doesn't use any screws or bolts..
and a hollow center on the top!.. ;)

Make a Better Than New Aquarium Stand
Pretty sure I'd end up using crews..somewhere..

#4 ·
Think about all those timber frames that have no metal fasteners at all. The proper joint constructed properly and no fasteners are required.

Years ago there was this cabinet that had no metal at all. Each progressive joint held the previous together. And the final thing that held the final joint was a 1/4" dowel. And it was as strong, maybe stronger, than a conventional cabinet.

#5 ·
I made a variation on that stand. I wanted something more Mission style, so I built this:

Cabinetry Wood Drawer Table Flooring

Easel Table Wood Rectangle Flooring

Property Wood Interior design Television set Pet supply

It has LED lighting inside that automatically comes on when you open the door. I wish I could have made the door bigger, but I wanted the three panels across the front to be equal-sized. The outside is Red Oak, so the stand weighs a ton. I'm pretty happy with it so far. (I've just finished cycling my tank, and will be stocking soon.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.